Hi there, my name is Brenton Cleeland and I'm a Lead Engineer at Coles working on customer identity. Previously I've worked as the Head of Software at SiSU Health and as a developer at Thoughtworks and Common Code.
A few projects that I'm using a lot at the moment.
A place for temporary notes.
Know when things change.
A minimalist template to get you started.
Posts, Projects & Talks
A smattering of content I've created over the last few years.
- (2021) Building brntn.me when another Github Repo changes using Github Actions
- (2020 & 2021) Explore Your Bubble helped folks in Melbourne get through our 5km lockdown
- (2020) thttp a tiny wrapper around urllib3 to make HTTP requests
- (2018) Test Driven Development with Django workshop at DjangoCon Europe
- (2018) Introduction to Infrastructure on AWS for Super Friday at Thoughtworks Melbourne
- (2018) User-Driven API Development talk at DevOps Melbourne
- (2018) Django URLs 2.0 talk at MelbDjango
- (2017) Learning Django URL Patterns by Example
- (2017) So that's it! (on leaving Common Code)
- (2017) basehtml.xyz - the tiny starting template I use for every web project
- (2017) django-up - zero configuration Django deployments with ansible
- (2016) Annotation & Aggregates in Django talk at MelbDjango
- (2015) piprot - check that your Python requirements are up to date
I also have a whole bunch of open-source personal projects on GitHub.